Thursday, August 28, 2014

Proven Pin ~ Birthday Bouquet and Candy Cake

3 of my 4 boys have birthdays within two weeks of each other.  I have made a point each year to try different things to make them feel special.  This year, we celebrated the twins birthday for a whole week.  With all of our extended family sending presents, we easily had a gift each night for them to open up.  In hindsight, the idea is brilliant.  They actually appreciate and enjoy their gifts instead of racing through and opening all of their presents at one time. 

Money is always a big hit in this family.  I think it gives each of us a sense of freedom.  I searched Pinterest for different ways to present money as a gift and was introduced to BALLOON STICKS...who knew?  These will become a staple in our house.  I rolled money into each balloon and the bouquet was waiting on them when they got home from school.  They absolutely loved it!  My next balloon bouquet will have different shaped balloons to add some depth to the bouquet but you've gotta start somewhere, right?


The candy cake was the real winner!  I bought Aidan and Taylor's favorite candy bar, attached them to canned food with a rubber band, added some ribbon and tissue paper and ta-da...  They think it's the coolest.  I'm not sure it's really that cool but what 9 year old wouldn't want their own stash of chocolate/candy!?!


After a week of celebrating, I have 2 happy 9 year olds and I'm preparing some new ideas for my next birthday boy!  Thank you Pinterest! 

Other Proven Pin posts can be found here.
Other friends and family posts can be found here.

No comments: