Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Cranberry Sauce

So...I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I have NEVER made homemade cranberry sauce.  I thoroughly enjoy cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my family and this should be a staple!!  I've made cranberry salad, cranberry casserole, etc. but never thought about making the "real" thing.  I stumbled upon this recipe this week and had to share.  I tried it with a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and it was a 2 thumbs up and will be added to our Thanksgiving menu this year.  The best part is that it takes less than 15 minutes to make and it's super easy!
  • 1 bag Fresh Cranberries {12 oz.}
  • 1/4 cup Water
  • 3/4 cup Smucker’s Orange Marmalade
  • 3/4 cup White Sugar (you could use equal parts of brown sugar and white sugar if you prefer)
  • 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
Mix all together on stove top at medium heat.  Heat until the cranberries pop (approx 10 minutes).  I stirred until half of the cranberries were soft.  It will thicken as it cools.  This was fantastic cold the next day too.  Bon Appetit!

Other Thanksgiving posts can be found here.
Our Thanksgiving Pinterest board can be found here.

No comments: