Friday, January 30, 2015

Portobello Cheeseburgers

As a mother of 4 boys, rarely do I find a drink or meal that is ALL MY OWN!  My drinks, snacks, meals, etc. all seem to vanish after my very first sip/bite.  I must admit that this was a 'personal' simple pleasure.  We made burgers for the guys and the portobello mushroom went on the grill for mom.  I got to eat the WHOLE thing by myself.   It was fabulous and very healthy!  I realize that most guys would prefer a real burger but my husband did try one and he said it was good.  His comment was, "It's definitely you're type of burger.  It has all of YOUR favorite things."  He is absolutely correct!  You should give it a try in 2015.  Bon Appetit~

 I found the recipe on myrecipe.com.

2 teaspoons olive oil 
4 (4-inch) portobello caps
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise 
4 (2-ounce) sandwich rolls
2 cups trimmed arugula or spinach
1/2 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers 

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender, turning once. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat.

Combine cheese and mayonnaise, stirring well. Spread about 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 1/2 cup arugula and 2 tablespoons peppers. Place 1 mushroom on each serving, and top with top halves of rolls.


Other Healthy 2015 posts can be found here.
Our Healthy 2015 Pinterest board can be found here.

No comments: