Thursday, February 26, 2015

Healthy 2015 ~ Jalapeno Margarita??



I realize that a cocktail isn't considered healthy BUT it's difficult to find a low calorie mixed drink.  This is a great way to "kick up" a margarita.  I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and we LOVED it!

Jalapeno Margarita

4 fluid ounces tequila
2 fluid ounces triple sec
2 limes, juiced
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/2 Jalapeno, seeded and diced (I used a serrano pepper)
lime wedges

Pour 1/4 to 1/2 inch of salt onto a small, shallow plate. Moisten the rim of two margarita glasses with a lime wedge and dip into the salt. Fill with ice, and set aside. 

Pour the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave nectar, and jalapeno into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover, and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into the prepared glasses, and garnish with lime wedges to serve.  Serves 2

*I made this cocktail 'by the book' the first time.  The second time, I left the pepper in the tequila overnight.  I much prefer soaking the pepper but be prepared for it to have more of a bite.

Cheers ~

Other Healthy 2015 posts can be found here.

No comments: