Thursday, March 10, 2011

Getting Ready for St. Patrick's Day


All I know about St. Patrick’s Day is that you wear green or people will pinch the crap out of you! I hate to be “pinched”. (or “towel whipped”) I researched St. Patrick’s Day and found out that it’s an annual feast day for the commonly recognized patron Saint of Ireland. St. Patrick's Day is a day for EVERYONE to be Irish!
Sooo...I married an Irish Catholic that went to an all boys Catholic school for 12 years! I am a Catholic Convert and he is a Cradle Catholic. Which means…anytime I ask him a question about Catholicism, saints, traditions, etc. he says,“You will need to ask my grandmother.” I thought that I would spare his grandmother this time and I pulled out my Saint Book and read about good ole’ Saint Patrick. But what’s the deal with the shamrock? Well..Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Trinity, and it has been associated with him and the Irish since that time.
Now that my questions have been answered...here are a couple of projects to get my house green before next week. I’ve become an obsessive person about home projects…Thanks Christopher and MOM for putting up with me through this period of my life! I’m having so much fun but I know I'm driving you guys crazy!
Clover Printable, Green Wine Lantern (this is a scrapbook covered wine glass with a tea light), DIY hurricane lights with split peas and our Clover for our front door! The clover was my FIRST jigsaw project...Have I told you how much I LOVE power tools?!

No comments: