Thursday, March 3, 2011

1st DIY Home Project of 2011



Ok…so the great thing about making furniture and redecorating your home is that you get to see your blood, sweat and tears transform before your eyes! When a project starts, our entire house is in disarray and then it magically turns into our normal dwelling but BETTER! Since my “aha” moment (Power tools on my Christmas list), we have made some functional yet rockin’ changes to our house. A restful weekend is merely a “thought” for this family. We always start with a Family Friday Fun night with the kids and then we have a list of projects for the upcoming weekend. It’s scary for 2 compulsive people to be married. My girlfriends ask how we manage to get so many things accomplished. I couldn’t do it by myself. I start the concept and then Christopher makes it 15X better than I ever dreamed possible! He’s always putting a “Christopher” touch to everything we do…
With all of this being said, here is our 1st project! We have 2 ½ baths in this house but all 6 of us use our master bath. I got so tired of finding towels hanging on door frames, on the floor and all over my bed. So I simply stated that I would like to have 3 hooks to hang towels outside of our shower. So...my simple 3 hooks turned into a Board and Batten project!
Here’s where we differ from most DIY couples… My husband not only draws "pretty pictures "for Wacky Kracker but he's an architect and designed this house 9 years ago. In my mind, we are making adjustments to an already “perfect” house. 2011 is REALLY fun! More projects to follow…

3 comments:

Alaina said...

Love this! This would look great in a bathroom too, ya know, with the hooks for towels!

http://lanis-hammertime.blogspot.com/

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I just had a handy man in this morning to give me an estimate to do this in my laundry/mud room...love it

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Turned out great. We have hooks in out bathroom but the towels still end up on the floor.
Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


http://diyhshp.blogspot.com