Thursday, November 15, 2012

Apples~A~Plenty





As much as I LOVE Fall, I have to be completely honest.  It's extremely difficult for me to balance work and home life during the busiest retail time of the year.  I'm happiest when I'm able to combine the two worlds.  As I told a “new” friend... when my worlds collide, I feel like my business has a larger purpose than getting a paycheck!!!  I read a quote recently that said, “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”  Oh, how I love quotes that will make you stop and think.  I’ve committed to blogging so that I will remind myself each week why I work so hard in the first place.  Wish me luck!

Apples were the theme for this week.  I found a fabulous copycat recipe for Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider* that simmers in the crockpot.  The temperature has dipped in Memphis and this hot drink ‘hit the spot’ for the kiddos after playing outside!  Of course the whipped cream plays a LARGE roll in the approval of any new recipe.  If I turn my back for a second, these kids tilt the container of whipped cream upside down and squirt the contents as fast as they can into their little mouths!  (Michael loved it the most...notice the intense look and pinky in the air!)  The challenge of making this recipe was that Kroger only carried a HUGE jug of cider and I had a ton left.  No worries ~ here I come Pinterest.  I found an Apple Cider Champagne Cocktail*.  Sounds yummy, right?!  Christopher’s face says it all…sometimes champagne should just be left alone!  However, the cinnamon sugar rim was definitely a treat!

Crazy as it sounds ~ Thanksgiving is next week!   As a child of an educator, I have been “conditioned” to send a lil’ sussie (gift) to our beloved teachers for EVERY holiday.  I found a recipe for caramel dipping sauce* several months ago.  We packaged* it for a cute teacher gift and I made a snack for the kids.  Trust me ~ I got some hugs as a result of this caramel dip!  Aidan threw his arms around me and said, “Mom, you shouldn't have AND it’s a turkey too!!”  How did we EVER survive without Pinterest? 

Enjoy your week and remember ~ Make a life!

Cheers!

No comments: