Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer...







You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen.  But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer…



I remember seeing a blinking red light in the sky on Christmas Eve and I was convinced it was Rudolph.  Little did I know, that it was a blinking red light on top of a tower and I never snapped that it was there all year long!  Rudolph was probably my favorite Christmas program as a kid.  And here is where my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder kicks in…

There is definitely a common theme this week with our red nosed friend!  I started the week by sending the boys off to school with Rudolph water bottles in their lunch.  It makes me sad to think that this will be my last year to get away with this type of “fun” for my oldest.  Middle School won’t be as receptive…ugh! 

Our neighbor gifts were packaged like Rudolph*, we gave hot chocolate packaged like Rudolph and we made Peanut Butter Fudge* gifted like Rudolph.  And the compulsiveness continues… 
  • The boys enjoyed Rudolph donuts one morning. 
  • I made Reindeer noses* for the boys’ stockings this year with our ‘ever’ popular Chevron Rudolph*.
  • I packaged smelly soaps with washcloths that look like Rudoolph*.  And there IT is…completely over the top!  Stop the madness…
The last Rudolph gift was for my Postal Service Friends.  Everyday I walk into my post office to see the long faces of my front desk friends.  The holiday season is tough for anyone in shipping!!  Last week I witnessed 2 of my postal friends being berated and called “brainless” over matters that they couldn’t control.  I predict this week will be just as bad for my USPS BFF’s so I made them a little “happy” to get through the week.  This is my favorite notepad for the holidays.  Our reindeer antler notepads* with the saying, “Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle!”   Hopefully this will raise their spirits and help them giggle at the craziness of the holidays!

This a good time to remember my December mantra… “I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite.”

No comments: