Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fluffy Snowflake




Is Christmas really behind us and are we seriously welcoming 2013?   It’s sad to say that I have a “let down” after the holidays because my pace becomes normal.  I have been going at full speed over the last couple of months and I keep thinking that I’m forgetting something because I’m on task.

We were so excited when we saw our first snow flake on Christmas morning.  Then we started traveling through Arkansas to get to Texas and the weather would NOT cooperate!   An 8 hour trip turned into 24 hours due to snow, sleet, ice, electrical outages and 5mph highway traffic.  Texas never seemed so far away!!  But when the car finally pulled up to my mom’s house, the fun started!  The kids flew out of the car racing for snow. 

When we returned from our trip, we continued our fun with snowflakes by creating snowflake tortillas for breakfast one morning before school.  I realized when typing this that some of you may be thinking…how in the world do they have time to create a “snowflake tortilla”?  What you don’t hear (or see) is me constantly saying…don’t hit your brother, quit telling your brother that his snowflake stinks, stand still, etc.  We laughed a lot and they loved their creations so it was worth it.

I feel certain that we will see more snowflakes before spring so I designed a Winter Wonderland invitation.  These are very popular for a One Year Birthday (winter one-derland theme).

I am a firm believer in New Year’s Resolutions.  I LOVE lists and I love to set goals so it’s the perfect tradition for me.  As I settle into “work mode” for 2013, I remind myself of my #1 Resolution:  Embrace simple pleasures, relax and enjoy the moment!!   I made a step in the right direction last week towards goal #1.  I didn’t pack away my snow globes from our dining room table.  My father gives me a snow globe every year at Christmas and I have a fabulous collection!  YEAH for me…now if I can conquer the other 57 resolutions!   I’ve attached an article written by Jon Gordon that a friend sent to me.  Happy New Year friends and best of luck achieving your desires in 2013!

20 Tips for a Positive New Year
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a “Thank You Walk.” It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
3. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
4. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
5. Instead of being disappointed about where you are, think optimistically about where you are going. {Tweet This}
6. Remember that adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome. {Tweet This}
7. Don’t chase success. Instead decide to make a difference and success will find you. {Tweet This}
8. Get more sleep. You can’t replace sleep with a double latte.
9. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E’s. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
12. Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
13. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
14. Implement the No Complaining Rule. Remember that complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick.
15. Read more books than you did in 2012. I happen to know of a few good ones. : )
16. Don’t seek happiness. Instead decide to live with passion and purpose and happiness will find you. www.Seed11.com
17. Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
-Jon

No comments: