Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Fun

Fall is here! I always mark the beginning of the holiday season with our Annual trip to Lake Catherine. Last weekend, my father and his wife treated my family to a little cabin in the woods. This is a precious time for our family. There is NO internet and we all just eat, play and talk…A LOT! I love the holidays but they are a little frantic around our household because it is the busiest time of year for my family and our business. Every year I try to prepare for the 3 month period but somehow things can get chaotic FAST. Last year I got a virus on my computer and one of my best printers died. I was soooo close to a nervous breakdown. This year as my oldest and I were in the kayak I said, “When things get really stressful in the next couple of months, I’m going to remember this moment!” There is something about being on the lake…with my kids…and the ducks that makes everything OK!
*This year I took 4 pumpkins for the kids to decorate. Notice that I only purchased 4. I knew that if I were going to buy one for Christopher…I wouldn’t see him for the rest of the weekend. His pumpkin would have been an artistic masterpiece. I had more fun watching Christopher try really hard to let the kids express their creativity without taking it away from them. It must be difficult to be so artistically talented and watch your children be perfectly content with painting the whole pumpkin green and calling it a day.
*I made these pumpkin tea lights to decorate one of our tables and I think they are PRECIOUS (if I do say so myself)!
*We have 5 babies being born throughout our family over the next couple of months. I’m NOT going to drink the water! I love these lil’ pumpkin baby shower invitations to celebrate Fall babies!
From my hectic life to yours…I hope that your upcoming holiday season is a joyful and peaceful time of year! Let the ride begin…

No comments: