Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Game. Set. Match



I have always said that tennis is a sport for all ages!!  I grew up with my parents playing and I still remember falling asleep on a blanket while they would battle it out on the courts with their friends.  It appears that I’m following in their footsteps.  When the twins were born, I needed a little “mom” time in order to keep my sanity and tennis became the answer.  I convinced my husband that it could be worse…I could be spending money frivolously at boutiques or spas!!  I just wanted a couple of hours to sweat and pound a lil’ yellow ball.  (How’s that for a sales pitch?)  He didn’t get it for several years but eventually picked up a racket and said, “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.”  Thankfully he enjoys the game as much as I do and it has become a family sport.  My children still prefer soccer, baseball and every other sport over tennis but I have a feeling they will eventually come around…  Even if it’s when they’re in their 40’s!

This spring, tennis has blessed my family in a different way.  We have been printing for tennis tournaments and banquets all over the US.  Our notepads have been given as gifts to tennis captains and to team members from coast to coast and we’ve just started selling in tennis boutiques in Texas.  I stopped counting when notepad number 1,000 shipped.  The last couple of months have been a fun ride for our business and my boys have helped me meet my deadlines! 

I have to admit I have a pretty good life.  I get to create, sell and play the sport that I love…AMAZING!  To top it all off…my team just won our local playoffs and we are advancing to the State competition in Knoxville, TN.  Pinch me…Life is good!  Happy summer everyone :)

No comments: