Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Diamonds are a girl's best friend...




When Christopher and I lived in Dallas, we attended several Ranger baseball games.  He spoiled me by taking us to the Diamond Club, a fancy air conditioned bar at the stadium.  For some reason, unbeknownst to me, he started purchasing tickets in the stands under the blazing sun instead of visiting our fancy bar.  That’s when I called it quits.  These games were HOT and LONG!!  I proudly stated… “When we have kids, they will NEVER play baseball.”  Famous last words, right?  All four of them have a love for the game!

I have such an appreciation for the sport now that my kids play!  I spend every summer with dirt in my teeth, hair and car, sunburned and racing across town for practices and games.  This year, I have seen my boys learn more than the fundamentals of the game.  They have learned how to work as a team, genuinely be happy for others achievements and have compassion for someone when it’s NOT their best day.  There are some things that are difficult to teach as parents and game situations become invaluable teaching tools!

In honor of Mississippi State making it to the World Series, I got creative with a baseball line of stationery.  If it’s not enough that my boys enjoy playing baseball, they now watch it on TV.  I found some time to make some Oreo baseball cookies and baseball water bottles for their TV viewing.  Unfortunately the DAWGS didn't win the College World Series but the ride was fun!

Have a great week!


No comments: