Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Are you ready for some football?



Thursday kicks off the craziness in this house.  The fall brings perfect weather, colorful leaves, bonfires, comfy blankets, hoodies and of course FOOTBALL!   I married into the SEC football frenzie.  My husband went to the University of Kentucky for undergrad and University of Texas for grad school.  He grew up following Mississippi State and we live in a city that bleeds blue for the University of Memphis…whew!  It took me a while to wrap my brain around the 'appropriate' times to cheer for the 'appropriate' school and when to wear the 'appropriate' t-shirts out in public.

I was a cheerleader growing up.  I’ve watched a lot of football games at bars.  I’ve entertained many friends at our house while watching pivotal games during the season.  Therefore, I consider myself a trooper.  I quit being cooperative when we tailgated in 100 degree weather at the beginning of the season and went to a game in the snow at the end of the season.  E-N-O-U-G-H!!  I admire women that know players, quote football stats, and remember games from years ago.  It’s a real gift that men find very attractive.  My mother and sister in law are some of the best…

I love that you can put boys in a patch of grass, give them a football and they are entertained for hours.  They quickly assign each person to a position, huddle and play the game.  Several years ago, my middle child begged to play flag football.  He is the toughest of the 4 and his buddies were playing so why not…it’s flag football.  What could possibly happen?  During one of the games, he had both of his front teeth knocked out.  I quit again!!

I will spend the next couple of months walking by ESPN replays, hearing load groans all around the house, and cooking a lot of food for special games.  There’s no stopping the season and I really do enjoy all of the bantering between friends and watching my children hang with their dad during the games.  I’m not a huge fan of football but I love the memories that surround "game time".  Let the season begin ;)

Square football enclosure
Dallas notepad
All sports invitation
Football Gift labels

No comments: