Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hootie Hoot




Owls have been very popular over the last couple of years.  Personally, I’ve had a fascination with owls since my sorority days.  The owl is one of the symbols of Chi Omega Fraternity.  There was a time in my life that every t-shirt, piece of jewelry, towel, cup, picture frame, etc had an owl on it.  Wacky Kracker has several owl designs but with the holidays approaching, I wanted a few more options.  The owl is always a popular design for teacher’s gifts but recently it has become a trendy design for others.  Christopher went back to the drawing table and I went to the kitchen.  For those of you that have been reading our blog, this is a pattern for the two of us.  Christopher creates the designs with pastels and paper and I contemplate the products while creating in the kitchen.  In our house, this is a win-win situation!  I get new designs and my kids get fun food to eat.

Ironically this past week, it was reported that there is a territorial owl attacking joggers in a neighborhood of Memphis.  Two different joggers have lost their hats and headphones to this owl.  People are seriously in fear of this 2 foot tall, 10-20 pound bird with a wingspan of at least five-feet.  Can you imagine?  At this time, I prefer to view my owls on paper.    Happy Hooting!

Owl on a Branch Notepad
Graduation Owl Thank You Notes
Chi Omega Notepad
Christmas Owl Address Labels

No comments: